111 Duke Street, Suite 5000 Montreal, Quebec H3C 2M1 | Direct Hire
Manager, IT Project Management Office
Our client is seeking an experienced professional to lead IT demand and project management in a dynamic environment.
You will ensure the development and implementation of demand and project management processes, tools and methods. You will support the IT management team by working with architecture, business and IT support teams to manage IT demand and projects and understand current and future IT capacity requirements.
Assuming responsibility for IT demand and PMO processes, you must establish a strong and effective hub, providing leadership with clear, consistent, high-quality information for decision making and comprehensive, high-level supervision of all initiatives under your authority.
Your main challenges include the following:
- Develop and implement standards, processes and tools to ensure efficient and effective management of IT requests, initiatives and projects;
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to develop and refine IT demand forecasts;
- Analyze and determine impacts of demand forecasting and take proactive short-, medium- and long-term actions to help align IT demand and capacity to support business priorities;
- Develop and maintain positive and effective client relationships to ensure client (business or IT) objectives and deliverables are met;
- Coordinate and work with IT and business leads to evaluate, estimate, prioritize and manage IT requests and initiatives;
- Ensure demand management and project management processes are followed across the organization;
- Evaluate and control the performance of the entire IT initiatives and project portfolio;
- Lead the project coordination committee under the supervision of the Director, Strategy, Governance and PMO;
- Prepare and present progress reports on IT requests on the basis of priorities and capacity;
- Provide the necessary supervision and guidance to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all IT initiatives in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Support and coach a team of professionals (e.g. promote demand and project standards and processes);
- Support other ITIL service management processes as required;
- Manage one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems or the equivalent;
- PMP certification;
- A minimum of five years of experience in managing mid-size to large-scale IT projects;
- Experience in implementing ITIL processes, an asset.
Your skills and assets:
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in both official languages;
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change;
- Ability to make appropriate decisions rapidly on the basis of experience and judgment even when you have incomplete information and/or you are under pressure;
- Ability to assume responsibility, manage multiple priorities and collaboratively drive issues to closure;
- Strong attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture
Must have Work Authorization for Canada.
The Addmore Group is the premier provider of SAP related resources in Canada. Since 1992, Addmore has been solely focused on providing the right SAP resources to our clients.