Global Deployment PM
Montreal, Quebec H2P 1B9
Our client is hiring a Global Deployment PM. who is not focused on system build, but rather on rolling out a complex global solution to many sites.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
- Reporting to the Director of IT PMO, the Global Deployment project manager will be working in a dynamic and high pace environment, driving the deployment of global solutions and processes to its divisions around the world.
- The candidate will lead multifunctional ERP deployments, in conjunction with division business leadership initially in the US and Canada.
- The Global Deployment project manager plans and manages the activities and deliverables of the division ERP deployment teams in conjunction with the ERP Global teams.
- Stakeholder management, ability to lead through influence, and strong project management capabilities are critical for this position.
- Experience across the project delivery lifecycle is key, as the candidate will lead activities to drive global template adoption, testing, cutover, deployment and hypercare.
- Understanding of project deliverables across functional, data, change management and technical domains is critical.
- As the company continues to grow, the Global Deployment project manager would be responsible for complex integration initiatives.
- Ability to manage, influence and organize multiple team leads and project managers in a matrix program structure is important.
- The candidate should have practical experience to find action oriented solutions to risks and issues, and drive effective decision within a project - using escalation effectively.
- The Global Deployment Program manager will report status to senior IT leadership and senior business executives, so strong presentation and communication skills are required.
- The Global Deployment Program manager will be a key lead within the project delivery organization and contribute to the adoption and improvement of the IT delivery methodology.
Work Planning and Deliverable Management:
- Adapt the PMO Work Planning processes and tools to the projects at hand and will maintain work plans, continuously monitoring actuals, and resolving/addressing cost and schedule variances.
- Leverage the -Deliverable Management process and tool to track the timely completion of all project Deliverables to the baselines.
Stakeholder Management and Governance:
- Work with IT and Program leadership to manage and report to senior stakeholders.
- The project manager will operationalize the pre-defined PMO Scope Management Process to control the project scope and requirements.
- The Project Manager will present scope changes meeting the pre-defined threshold to the IT leadership Committee for approval.
Performance and Reporting Management:
- The project manager will leverage the pre-defined PMO processes, tools, and techniques to ensure timely and appropriate generation, and distribution of project progress and status information to project stakeholders.
- The project manager will be responsible for managing business, IT and external resources of the project, including the capacity, defining the roles and responsibilities, creating a staffing plan, obtaining appropriate skilled resources and managing shared capacity.
- The project manager will enforce the timely capture of project risks and issues by all team members, and will track, manage, resolve or escalate project problems that impact the project's ability to meet the IT commitments as they pertain to schedule, resources, costs, quality.
- The project manager will work with the IT PMO team to define and manage the required quality gates to perform quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control activities.
- The project manager will be responsible for getting the Deliverable signoffs from the various stakeholders and ensuring that all expectations are met."
- Contribute to the improvement of the PMO Tools and Processes, coach and support IT resources in the development of their project management skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience;
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum (ie PMP Certified- PMI, Prince II);
- Bilingual English/French preferred - not a must;
- 7-8 years of total IT project delivery experience, of which 3-5 years include managing full delivery lifecycle as well as managing a diverse team;
- Experience delivering large projects or complex application delivery;
- Experience managing a global Deployment an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- ability to provide updates to Director and VP levels; adept at building relationships with internal teams and external partners;
- Ability to coordinate 20+ shared resources, and collaborate at all levels. Strong people management skills including delegation, motivation, coaching, and conflict management capabilities;
- Ability to operate in complex, fast pace project environment with interdependencies spanning multiple work-streams, teams, business divisions, geographies, time zones, & languages;
- Experience managing packaged software and SaaS implementation methodologies. Cross functional exposure, including Manufacturing, Supply Chain and HR/Payroll an asset. Knowledge of various delivery methodologies (waterfall, agile etc);
- Experience with a number of project delivery methodologies (waterfall, agile, scrum etc.)
- Experience in web, online advertising and social media campaigns a plus;
- Experience working on SAP projects a plus;
- Proficient in MS Office (ie Word, PowerPoint, MS Project Professional and Excel) and Sharepoint. Quantitative focus, advanced Excel analytic capability.