SAP Development Director
Post secondary degree or diploma required (University degree preferred) in Technology, Engineering, Business or equivalent
Certification(s)/Designation(s) preferred in related area
Minimum 10 years of IT experience
- 5 years in management leadership role
- MUST have experience with either SAP HANA or SAP Fiori.
Knowledge of SAP application best practices and standards, SAP realization methodologies, and SAP security concepts
Demonstrated experience working with the business to accurately define requirements for effective solutions
Demonstrated experience creating secure application used by internal resources and external customers
Design and development of SAP based solutions
Develop SAP Applications or User Interface using SAP technologies (e.g. ABAP, FIORI)
Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
Technically proficient with various other development languages HTML5, Java Script, etc
Knowledge of code review practices
- Ability to work collaboratively with other parts of the IT organisations
- ???????Ability to oversee, direct and where needed drive a range of IT initiatives that support the transformation of the business
- Lead the delivery of programs/projects in SAP development to ensure alignment to strategy
- Overall responsible and accountable for SAP application development and maintenance
- Responsible and accountable for the SAP development teams
- Ensure overall quality of team deliverables
- Create, maintain, and enforce team standards, processes and procedures
- Create strategic plans and roadmaps and generate ideas and business cases for identified projects as required
- Mentor and develop direct reports to follow best practices and ensure on going professional development
- Provide input to the preparation of budgets and optimizes resource allocations to ensure efficiency and appropriate ROI
- Ensure alignment of technology related activities with overall corporate objectives; both existing and developing
- Lead the team to provide the committed service level to the stakeholders
- Explores new technologies for future planning and potential implementation
- Interfaces with industry on current trends in business and information technology
- Provide feedback to the business about projects and initiatives that affect or need to be supported by the current operating environment
- Coach and mentor his/her team to achieve performance targets and holds non-performer accountable.
- Ensures that top performers with a track record for high achievement are recruited and retained
- Actively participates in performance management by establishing clear, stretch targets and measuring performance
- Develop and maintains SDLC best practices.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all software releases and application software development projects.
- Ensure sound engineering design, process and quality practices are followed.
- Deliver finished, high quality, and compelling software products that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Enable creative use of existing technology platforms and encourage new technologies where appropriate.
- Ensure that product designs are well document and communicated.
- Ensure efficient use of the software development resources.
- Provide leadership and direction to the software development team.
- Is a centre of expertise for SAP technical solutions and shares best practices
- Advise on SAP functionality and technical considerations
- Provide a thorough understanding of internet security threats and risk management and advise on application development
- Knowledge of and implementation of standards in regards to consumer and employee privacy of information, and industry compliance requirement
- Provide Enterprise context and directional guidance
???????The Addmore Group is the premier provider of SAP related resources in Canada. Since 1992, Addmore has been solely focused on providing the right SAP resources to our clients.