SAP FI/CO Consultant
110, Cremazie Blvd. West 11th Floor Montreal, Quebec H2P 1B9
Our client is looking for a SAP FI/CO full-time Analyst based in Montreal.
The Management Accounting Process & Solutions IT Specialist is responsible for providing on-going support to end users, delivering projects, from conception to implementation, and assisting in the definition of strategic road maps of global systems and solutions that support management accounting related business processes across all business divisions.
Process area responsibilities include (but are not limited to) Financial Accounting (GL, AP, AR, Bank Accounting, Collections, Disputes, Credit Management, Fixed Assets and Financial Period End and Consolidations) and Management Accounting (Cost Center Accounting, Product Costing, Profitability Analysis, Transfer Pricing and Operational Period End.)
IT solution areas the candidate will be responsible for are SAP Financial Accounting (FI), SAP FSCM, SAP Business Planning & Consolidations (BPC), SAP Controlling (CO), Dairy Management System (DMS) Costing, Profitability Analysis (COPA) and the overall integration of accounting to other streams.
The incumbent will communicate and coordinate with accounting business stakeholders, ERP Process Leads and the ERP Solution Architect to ensure delivery and deployment of financial system solutions meet business requirements and are fully integrated with the core SAP ERP system. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for developping the skills and coordinating and validating the work of Business Systems Analysts in the team.
Must possess an in-depth understanding of accounting business functions and drive successful adoption and delivery of proposed solutions.
This opportunity is for an individual with strong SAP customizing experience in accounting solutions. Experience in the consumer packaged goods industry is preferred.
- Perform business process modeling
- Assess business and application requirements
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve production system issues/incidents and enhancement request tickets submitted by end users in HP Remedy
- Actively monitor the production system processes and activities
- Identify process improvement/optimization and leverage leading SAP practices to continually enhance business value and benefits from IT enablement
- Conduct Fit/Gap analysis of requirements and recommend solution options based on best practices
- Drive the development of functional and system specifications
- Configure the software to business requirements
- Develop and execute tests leveraging HP ALM to confirm functionality
- Coordinate changes across the system landscape using SAP Solution Manager
- Provide support for deployment and sustainment of implemented fixes and enhancements
- Maintain necessary documentation (such as functional specification documents and configuration design documents)
- Lead small to medium sized enhancement projects including scoping, estimating and planning
- Provide functional/technical leadership - mentor and coach other team members across multiple functional domains
- Collaborating with business systems specialists/solution architects/software vendors on business solutions, architecture strategy, road-maps, standards and governance
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and leading practices within finance
- Work with remote business and IT teams across multiple geographies
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or Engineering.
- Preferred: Accounting designation: CMA,CA
- Preferred: Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum (e.g. CAPM, PRINCE2 or PMP)
- English - Must Have
- French - Preferred
- Spanish - Nice to have
- Minimum 5 years of SAP implementation experience - ideally 3 full project life-cycles working as an SAP CO specialist
- Experience in consumer-packaged goods industry
- Strong configuration skills in SAP ECC FI & CO - preferred applicants will be certified in version ECC 6 and will understand the changes brought forward by S4/HANA and SAP Simple Finance
- Strong system integration skills
- Advanced data analysis skills
- Advanced skills in Excel and proficient in other Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Powerpoint, Access, etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to provide updates to Director and VP levels; adept at building relationships with internal teams and external partners
- Proficient with BI tools (Analysis for Office and WEBI)
- Competitive salaries
- Advantageous corporate agreements
- Full range of group insurance benefits
- Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
- Purchase option of company stocks
- Group RRSP
- Health and wellness program in the workplace
- Assistance program for employees and their families
Must have Work Authorization for Canada.
The Addmore Group is the premier provider of SAP related resources in Canada. Since 1992, Addmore has been solely focused on providing the right SAP resources to our clients.