SAP HANA/BI Consultant
Toronto, Montreal or Calgary M2P 2B8
The "Consultant - NetWeaver Business Intelligence" focuses on the technical implementation and integration of SAP Business Intelligence offerings focused around SAP HANA and SAP Business Objects. This specialized consultant assumes an active role in the design and implementation of data models using SAP HANA along with the reporting requirements using SAP’s Business Objects suite. As a key design and technical resource, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of a full life cycle implementation, including, but not limited to, integration architecture, technical analysis, design, testing, documentation, and performance tuning.
- Understand business needs/requirements and translate that understanding into a form that leads to the creation and/or composition of better process and/or technology solutions in the SAP analytics.
- Guide business customers through business case development for new applications and functionality, including cost/benefit analysis and risk/impact analysis.
- Design, develop, test, and support SAP BI, BW, BW/4HANA, “native” HANA and SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) reporting/analytics solutions.
- Design, develop, test, and support SAP Smart Business Modeler solutions.
- Perform analysis to gather requirements for integration with other SAP modules (S/4HANA Finance, MM, SD, PP, etc.)
- Create test plans, test cases, and perform functional testing.
- Understand the requirements, develop functional/technical design documents and communicate solutions that will be implemented.
- Develop/contribute to application roadmaps/implementation approach and project plans.
- Assist in the solution architecture for a landscape that includes SAP S/4HANA, BI, BW, BW/4HANA, BOBJ, HANA, and Fiori.
- Develop HANA Models using SQL Scripting and Graphical Modeling.
- Serve as a technical resource for business teams to help define, estimate, and propose a solution for business opportunities.
- Perform requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of BI applications and reporting solutions.
- Develop proof-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate useful approaches to applying technology to solve business problems.
- Prepare visual diagrams of system architecture, functionality, and process flows. Understand and actively support customers’ application architecture and IT strategy.
- Present solutions to leadership, project teams, and other stakeholders adapting style to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop end-user test scripts to assure expected performance quality levels meet standards in development efforts.
- Analyze and communicate issues and resolution, including problems with data integrity, data design, functional, technical and software issues.
- Provide end user support during enhancements, upgrades and implementations as needed.
- Participate in system emergency or crisis situations to define/implement workaround processes, corrective action, communication, and system clean-up activities
- Certification or equivalent experience in SAP HANA and SAP Business Objects Enterprise
- Minimum 3 years of experience in SAP HANA, more than 1 complete project lifecycles
- Minimum 5 years of experience in SAP Business Objects Enterprise more than 3 complete project lifecycles
- SAP HANA Data modeling, Tables, Analytic/Calculation views, SQL Development/Stored Procedures
- Data Warehousing methodologies – Multi-dimensional modeling & Implementation
- SAP Business Objects Enterprise configuration/security knowledge and experience
- Information Design Tool (IDT) development
- Strong Web Intelligence skills / Universe Design experience
- Business Objects Dashboards / Crystal Reports experience
- SAP Data Services Experience an asset
- SAP Lumira and/or SAP Design studio experience an asset
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Solid presentation skills
- Exposure to implementation projects on advanced SAP environments
Must have Work Authorization for Canada.
The Addmore Group is the premier provider of SAP related resources in Canada. Since 1992, Addmore has been solely focused on providing the right SAP resources to our clients.