SAP MM Consultant
1330 Burlington St. E. Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3J5
- Lead the implementation of SAP projects to support the Procure to Pay end to end processes in the procurement area through all phases including prepare, explore, realize & deploy phases. Projects to include, but not limited to, SAP S/4Hana MM, Ariba, Fieldglass.
- Supports or leads system integration activities and the development of complete process solutions incorporating additional SAP Modules (i.e. SD, PP, PS/PPM)
- Work with Procurement business system owners and IT Manager to update and maintain Procurement IT Roadmap which also includes the expansion of the existing SAP footprint.
- Educate clients on alternatives for system configuration and design and guide clients through decision making and process design.
- Prepare and maintain quality functional and technical specifications, work flows, data flows and required documentation as needed.
- Prepare, execute and provide oversight for test activities within SAP as well as customizations and interfaces, including functional & integration testing; responsible for regression and all critical areas of testing to ensure high quality functioning system that meets client expectations.
- Understand industry trends, keep up-to-date and apply SAP leading practices within the SAP Procure-to-Pay Domain by means of journals, suppliers, presentations, seminars, professional and society meetings (e.g. ASUG) and contacts with other users in the business internal and externa.
- Identify potential improvements in the various business processes and promote SAP system best practices.
- Develops framework with Business Unit to establish KPI’s, standards, processes, procedures, and policies and proactively communicate status to all stakeholders.
- Participate in data extraction/conversion, mapping, data cleansing and loading activities.
- Support the development of end-user training and documentation.
- Support working with external contractors to complete work requests and/or project tasks.
- Provide day-to-day user support of the system including troubleshooting problems and bringing to resolution in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Information Technology service levels, change and version control, systems development methodology, standards, policies, audit and financial controls.
- Minimum 5 years of in-depth functional SAP application knowledge in Procurement and implementation experience with SAP ECC 6.0 or S/4Hana is required.
- Minimum of 2 full cycle implementations of SAP MM is required.
- University Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering.
- Detail knowledge of the Procure to Pay end to end business process.
- SAP certification in MM, Ariba, Fieldglass is considered an asset.
- Experience and/or sound knowledge in implementing SAP S/4 Hana, BW, Fiori, Portal, BPC is an asset.
- Experience in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (ChaRM, Testing Suite, Process Modeling) is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders and senior level management.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate staff and contracted service providers is an asset.
- Experience working with SAP Partners and Integrators including, contract administration, and annual budgeting.
- Well-honed change management, communications and conflict management skills.
- Working Experience with implementation methodologies (e.g. ASAP, Activate) is an asset.
- Experience as a team lead on SAP projects.
- Good understanding of SAP problem solving approach (logs, dumps, OSS notes, etc.).
- Integration experience with 3rd party systems and partners.
- Working knowledge of test strategies, test planning and test methodologies.
- Manufacturing domain knowledge is an asset.