SAP Senior HRIS Manager
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A2
Our Client is looking for a SAP Senior Manager HRIS for a full-time hire.
This job is responsible for advising the Executive Director, Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration on all matters pertaining to the support of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), a component of the client’s Administrative Management Systems. As such, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the payroll and human resources systems, which includes both SAP HCM and SuccessFactors solutions.
The HRIS Senior Manager reviews and approves all SAP configurations for the HR modules and designs and approves all quality control measures. As project manager for new projects, the incumbent develops project plans, assigns and monitors resources, acts as a mentor for team members and works with external vendors. The incumbent also participates in strategic planning for the department, making recommendations on technology, process and budget requirements according to clients’ needs. This position is responsible for the supervision of staff in a specialized technical area. Will be managing 7 resources directly and 5 indirectly.
- University graduate or combination of formal education and experience.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in areas such as automated office tools, networks, software development tools and techniques;
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ of SAP large system project management, SAP configuration and/or ABAP development is required, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience with SuccessFactors modules.
- Project management is required.
- Supervisory experience over technically diverse staff is mandatory.
- At least three (3) years’ experience with SAP HR is desired.
- Discuss needs and/or problems with system users to identify client requirements.
- Initiate projects (e.g. implementation of new software and/or systems) based on analysis of client needs, existing systems and current business environment.
- Develop project charter describing the project’s purpose, plan, objectives, timelines and budget estimates.
- Determine resource and training requirements based on understanding of project needs.
- Oversee team members in the analysis of business processes and the development of prototypes, specifications and project flow charts.
- Communicate with the users throughout the project to keep them informed of project progress and to discuss project problems and/or issues.
- Monitor the work of project team members during the design and configuration of software/systems. Monitor project progress to ensure project requirements are being met and timelines are being adhered to.
- Test new systems, programs and/or modules prior to it being sent to the user.
- Approve and plan the move of new systems, programs and/or modules to production based on test results.
- Approve all SAP configurations for HR modules.
- Design quality control measures required for on-going development and support of systems to ensure the integrity of data.
- Provide support to help desk in resolving escalated technical problems, based on knowledge of system functionality.
- Develop standards for the management and design of systems and processes.
- Develop processes and procedures to manage changes to systems (e.g. upgrades, implementation of new software).
- Evaluate change requests from other departments/users to determine if changes are feasible, to assess the impact of changes and to decide what resources would be needed.
- Determine if changes should be made to SAP software based on knowledge of software functionality, user requirements and assessment of feasibility and costs.
- Advise users and senior level staff on the feasibility of system and/or software modifications and upgrades.
- Develop short-term and long-term strategic plans for the department, including when software and/or system upgrades will be implemented, as part of the management team.
- Advise the Executive Director on all matters pertaining to the support of the HRIS and its integrations.
- Estimate resources required to recommend departmental budget requirements.
- Determine how budget dollars will be allocated based on assessment of department needs.
Human Resource Management
- Supervise unionized and non-unionized technical staff to ensure work is completed on schedule and department standards and policies are adhered to.
- Define roles and responsibilities of technical staff, based on understanding of individual skills and department/project requirements.
- Assign tasks to technical staff based on understanding of department needs and availability of resources.
- Approve work of technical staff to ensure quality of work.
- Guide technical staff by providing the necessary direction and training to complete department/project work, based on knowledge of department procedures and specialized expertise.
- Recommend training courses, seminars and conferences for staff to update and enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Hire technical staff based on assessment of candidates and understanding of department needs.
- Discuss performance with technical staff to provide feedback and address performance-related issues.
- Evaluate employee performance based on assessment of individual’s work and achievement of performance goals.
- Determine appropriate salary adjustments for employees based on performance and organization salary structure.
- Recommend termination of employment for cause or as a result of organization restructuring.
- Discuss informal complaints and step 1 grievances from unionized staff with employees, Human Resources and Labour Relations.
- Resolve informal complaints from unionized staff, in consultation with Human Resources and Labour Relations.
- Determine appropriate disposition of the grievance, in consultation with Human Resources and Labour Relations, based on knowledge of collective agreements and labour relations procedures.
- Provide documentation and information to legal counsel in preparation for grievance arbitration hearings.
- Present evidence at arbitration hearings on behalf of management where unionized staff is involved.
- Recommend exceptional pay adjustments for unionized staff based on evaluation of performance.
- Mediate conflict between staff members supervised.
Must have Work Authorization for Canada.
The Addmore Group is the premier provider of SAP related resources in Canada. Since 1992, Addmore has been solely focused on providing the right SAP resources to our clients.