Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
2300, rue ÃÂmile-BÃÂ©langer St-Laurent, Quebec H4R 3J4
Our client is looking for a Senior Manager of Business Intelligence to lead their front and backend teams.
This position will be responsible to oversee a team of Business Analysts, as well as teams developing reports and dashboards.
The Senior Manager will also have matrixed into his/her organization the datawarehousing teams. The Candidate must work in a collaborative and adaptable approach to drive consensus in design and BI technology alignment with our Channel and Brand teams globally.
- Identify, prioritize and drive projects for BI solutions from concept to delivery
- Work with business analysts to translate business requirements into a proposed solution, reviewing the design and requirements and build value added solutions
- Provide BI expertise in the development of data models, datawarehousing, dashboards, reports and interactive self-service BI capabilities
- Research issues and identify the root causes to ultimately work with your Business Analysts to test solutions, ensuring that all solutions perform to expectations and meet all requirements for accuracy, clarity and ease of use
- Partner with IT to manage, build and develop data warehouse interfaces, ETL scripts and self-service BI environments. Hands on development of analytical systems, strategies and best practices, production reports and database models
- Research issues and identify root cause of information issues and design a solution that will prevent the problem from re-occurring
- Analyze, design and introduce new opportunities and make appropriate recommendations to drive process improvements and productivity initiatives within the BI function
- Support new data source acquisition to promote self-serve capabilities
- Improve reporting cycle time and standardize report creation process
- Contribute to the development predictive and data modeling frameworks in response to evolving business requirements
- Provide leadership and strategies to attract highly qualified associates while coaching and developing your current team for retention and performance purposes
- Bachelors in business, computer science or equivalent degree with 8+ years of Business Intelligence experience
- MSc in Business Intelligence or MBA preferred
- A minimum 5 years of experience managing Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse teams
- Has worked in an Agile world
- Hands-on experience with SAP BI technologies and QlikSense
- Experience working with Big Data technologies
- Deep understanding of data modeling techniques, both logical and physical
- Understanding of Data Science capabilities and ability to support our manager of advanced analytics in such initiatives
- A strong passion for data integrity and experience in setting up a methodology to ensure high levels of data accuracy in the data warehouse
- Knowledge of integration concepts as they relate to sourcing data from disparate sources
- Strong ability to translate business requirements into technical design and rules/logic
- Ability to lead design sessions and coordinate with internal and external resources as necessary
- Experience leading technical teams with and without a direct reporting structure
- Strong program and project management skills with ability to coordinate and manage multiple simultaneous initiatives
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic and a compulsion to make a difference
- Experience with the technologies in the NoSQL and Hadoop ecosystems is a plus
- Strong business acumen, ideally in a retail or wholesale world
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Must have Work Authorization for Canada.
The Addmore Group is the premier provider of SAP related resources in Canada. Since 1992, Addmore has been solely focused on providing the right SAP resources to our clients.