Specialist IT, Change Management
110, Cremazie Blvd. West 11th Floor Montreal, Quebec H2P 1B9
Our client is looking to hire a Specialist IT, Change Management for a full-time position starting beginning of September 2019. Travel at least once or twice per month and up to 75% of the time closer to go-live. Travel is in Canada or the US.
Responsible to coordinate the execution of change management activities (covering one or more projects concurrently) including an oversight of communications and training for the project. The change management specialist understands the change management deliverables and their purpose.
This resource is able to oversee and provide coaching on the activities to a team of business and change management resources to ensure they understand the objective of each activity and drive value out of each deliverable. At times, the change management specialist will directly perform the change management work - be it facilitating working sessions or drafting and executing deliverables. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about change management, and enjoy direct exposure to the business operation during times of change.
This resource will be responsible to create and monitor the detailed plan of activities for the change management team, report on status of change management activities, and raise issues and identify corrective actions as needed. The change management specialist is accountable to the project manager for their assigned projects.
Drive the execution of the change management activities, ensure deliverables are well understood and that the execution of activities delivers the needed value. Activities include audience analysis, change impacts analysis, business process role mapping, planning and monitoring of transition activities, etc...
The change management specialist exerts strong influence and communication skills as the resources performing the work will be a mix of both client to employees and consultants and they will not report directly to the specialist.
Build relationships with key stakeholders within the business and project team. This includes developing a robust plan to ensure all stakeholders are engaged including front line, managers / supervisors as well as senior leadership. Ensure various levels within the business understand the role they play in a change and provide coaching to ensure they and the project are successful. This may come in many forms including facilitating a change management 101 session, one on one coaching, informal and formal discussions, feedback channels / metrics to determine if the change efforts are successful and then identify and drive corrective actions.
Create and monitor the detailed change management plan of activities and provide status reporting. identify and monitor risk and issues relative to the completion of CM activities.
Good communication and organization skills are needed with a concern for detail as the plan will need to be worked on collaboratively with other team members. Communication of due dates and management of issues working with the team members will be critical.
Contribute to the improvement of the change management strategy, methodology and deliverables' templates by providing active feedback based on project experience using the tools. Participate in the evolution of the change management department by contributing ideas and making improvement suggestions.
Education, experience and technical requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
- Nice to have: Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum (ie PMP Certified- PMI)
- Nice to have: Change management certification (CCMP, PROSCI for example)
Language : Bilingual is a nice to have
- 5+ years of total IT project delivery experience, of which 5+ years include leading organizational change management on IT projects. Experience with ERP and packaged software implementations is required.
- 5-7 years working in a manufacturing/distribution environment with an in-depth understanding of supporting business processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to provide updates to Director and VP levels; adept at building relationships with the business, internal teams and external partners.
- Ability to coordinate 10+ shared resources, and collaborate at all levels. Strong people management skills including delegation, motivation
- Ability to operate in a complex, fast paced project environment with interdependencies spanning multiple work-streams, teams, business
- Knowledge of change management leading practices, methodologies and tools
- Proficient in MS Office (ie Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Sharepoint.
- Exposure to ERP, packaged software and SaaS implementation methodologies an asset. Cross functional exposure, including Manufacturing, Supply Chain and HR/Payroll an asset.
- Ability to create and manage project plans in MS-Project is preferred.
- Team & Resource Management
- Influence & persuasion
- Decision making & critical thinking
- Change and communications
- Executive presence & relationship
- Strategic awareness
- Cross functional Business Knowledge
- Business process oriented
- Analysis and Problem solving
- Innovation & Creativity
- External focus – Leading practices
Must have Work Authorization for Canada.
The Addmore Group is the premier provider of SAP related resources in Canada. Since 1992, Addmore has been solely focused on providing the right SAP resources to our clients.