Sr Data Architect - Data Services
Calgary or Loveland, Alberta;Colorado T2J 7E8
Our client is hiring a Senior Data Architect, Data Services,
In this role you’ll be reporting directly to the Director Business Intelligence & Reporting, working closely with the extended data service team, domain subject matter experts, and external experts. You will be responsible for delivering innovative data-centric solutions to complex and ambitious problems.
- Build out a modern platform for capturing and leveraging a variety of structured and unstructured data through advanced analytic techniques like machine learning
- Assess gaps between current and target states and recommend and execute plans to address
- Translates business needs (known and anticipated) into long-term solutions
- Assess industry standards and trends for examples, and where appropriate, incorporates them into our solutions
- Contribute to complex technical solutions, coordinating with all necessary subject matter experts and other system integrators
- Understand, advocate, and support enterprise data strategies
- Mentor others on the team
- Participate as technical lead on major projects and solution rollouts
- You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it.
- You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best, most sustainable solution
- You love technology and seeing it applied to solve real problems.
- In particular, you have a passion for technologies that drive data-driven decisions: machine learning, AI, R, and Python and you are familiar with modern data management and integration technologies
- You are a strong communicator, whether it is written, verbal, or presenting ideas
- You also enjoy collaborating with people on different teams and continue to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration.
- You possess tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to help build enterprise alignment on optimal data management practices
- Post-secondary degree education at university level at a minimum; A Masters in Data Science, Technology Management, or similar Master’s degree desired
- 7+ years of combined experience delivering in solutions and hands-on data roles in a large-scale, heterogeneous IT environment
- Demonstrated aptitude to translate requirements into innovative solutions
- Technical experience in multiple technology domains, and understanding of how that technology is used across multiple business functions, in multiple industries, to deliver business value.
- Prior work experience designing and operating Big Data Analytics solutions in AWS or other cloud data platform(s)
- Ability to identify implicit requirements of an overall solution ecosystem including support, monitoring, maintenance, etc
- Demonstrated interest in emerging data technologies
- Working knowledge or experience in the following technical domains is considered an asset Application Integration (SOAP/ XML, REST/JSON, Micro-services/Streaming Data)
- Web and Mobile Applications Architecture (.Net, SharePoint and Java), SAP Solution Architecture (CRM, ECC, SAP BW, SAP BOBJ-BI, SAP BOBJ-DS, SAP PI/PO, SAP HANA etc.)
- Utility “Operations Technology” (Systems such as: Honeywell PHD, Osisoft PI, etc.)
Must have Work Authorization for Canada.
The Addmore Group is the premier provider of SAP related resources in Canada. Since 1992, Addmore has been solely focused on providing the right SAP resources to our clients.