SAP Systems Integration Specialist
3901, Jarry Street E, Hybrid/Montreal, QC H1Z 2G1 CA
Our client is looking to hire an SAP System Integration Specialist for a full-time perm position.
Start date: now
Work schedule: 2 days onsite 3 days remote
Language: Bilingual or English speaking only ok
Languages: Good oral and written communication skills in English required, good knowledge of French
The System Integration Specialist is involved in planning, development and implementation activities related to the integration of systems applications and technologies within the organization.
Primary responsibilities include solution design, solution deployment, and technical troubleshooting, which requires strong expertise in various programming languages, data structures, and integration best practices.
The ideal candidate will be involved in multiple projects where integration of SAP systems with external systems is required and integration of non-SAP systems with non-SAP systems.
He/she will train junior integration specialists, participate in the estimation of project efforts, help determine staffing needs on projects.
- Participate in the planning of systems integration projects between business unit teams and technical development teams
- Provide technical expertise for planning, executing and integrating new system applications into the existing environment
- Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate systems integration projects and initiatives. Identify common models and document integration best practices.
- Design, develop and deploy solutions within the framework of the organization's architectural principles, policies and guidelines for integrated systems
- Participate in the integration testing phase of software and applications under development to identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Contribute to the identification and resolution of issues
- Implement auditing, connectivity and monitoring of solutions to provide proactive operational support.
- Help identify opportunities to improve business processes
- Continuously develop skills with existing integration technologies and keep abreast of new developments in integration technology.
- If necessary, provide guidance and support to other team members.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate ideas in a language that is both technical and user-friendly.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to conduct research on application integration issues and products.
- Strong development experience in SAP Business Technology platform with excellent working knowledge of integration and orchestration: Connectivity, cloud integration, API management, business rules.
- Hands-on experience implementing service-oriented architecture design and enabling technologies, including messaging, XML, SOAP/REST web services, and HTTP.
- Good understanding of enterprise integration models, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and REST/OData APIs.
- Development experience with ABAP and S/4HANA.
- In-depth knowledge of the SAP Business Technology platform to guide customers through architecture, solution design, best practices, and critical problem solving.
- Good knowledge of ABAP OO, including interface capabilities
- SaaS integration: Integration with SAP and/or non-SAP cloud applications using the SAP Business Technology Platform.
- Experience in SAP BPM an asset
- Experience with IDOC, RFC (an asset)
- Working knowledge of Internet security and communication
- Knowledge of performance and high data volume aspects in the field of integration.
- Knowledge of EDI files, structures and layouts is an asset.
- In-depth experience with the SAP and/or similar integration platform (MuleSoft, Boomi, Workato, BizTalk, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Developer certifications desirable.
- In-depth experience with databases and data-driven applications is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in supervising cross-functional application linkage required.
- Experience in business and technical needs analysis, business process modeling and mapping, methodology development and data mapping.
- Technical mastery of programming languages such as ABAP, Groovy, Java.
- Proficiency with XML and JSON constructs and schemas as well as flat files.
- Experience securing integration scenarios using appropriate authentication, authorization, non-repudiation, and data encryption methods.
- Knowledge of best practices and methodologies for systems and software quality assurance.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering required.
- 5 years of relevant experience in application integration at the enterprise level.
- 3+ years of experience with integration technologies provided by SAP Cloud Platform Integration (SCPI).
- SAP SCPI certification an asset
- SAP Certified Integration Associate certification is an asset.
Must have Work Authorization for Canada.
The Addmore Group is the premier provider of SAP related resources in Canada. Since 1992, Addmore has been solely focused on providing the right SAP resources to our clients.